Browne, who presented his spring / summer collection during New York Fashion Week, equipped Badu with a black down stole made of duchess silk satin with white satin buttons, a sports coat and suspender skirt made of black cavalry twill, satin lapels and drawstring details and black lacquer lace. Boots on.
“My favorite things are what I wear. Things that go well with my body, silhouettes that emphasize who I am. Shapes that contour me emotionally. When I’m on stage it’s so important to layer things, to have things to do in order to withdraw, ”said Badu.
This isn’t the first time Badu and Browne have teamed up. Back in 2017, Badu hosted the Soul Train Awards in Thom Browne, which she describes as “a bad number”. This is her second time at the Met Gala – after first attending Givenchy in 2014 – Badu told us that she is “super honored and definitely doesn’t take it for granted that I should be recognized and Thom saw something in me, that he liked because he’s proud “. yourself as an individual. “
More great stories from Vanity fair
– Natalie Portman on Britney Spears and the Scent of Love
– Behind Queen Elizabeth’s surprising joke
– Are the literary Jonathans still relevant?
– The true story of a Hollywood Partnership built and destroyed for money, sex and celebrity
– The Best Shampoo Bars to Reduce Your Environmental Impact in 2021
– Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez make the most of the end of summer
– The most influential pop-rock band of all time? The monkeys!
– Prince William and Kate Middleton’s “normal” parenting tips
– From the archive: Meet the Women Who The Rolling Stones domesticated
– Subscribe to The Buyline to receive a curated list of fashion, books and beauty purchases in a weekly newsletter.