According to recent reports from the London stadium, West Ham United owner David Sullivan has turned down a “ridiculous” tentative offer to take over the North London team, claiming he has “no inclination” to a consortium under the leadership of retired Queens Park to act Rangers chairman Philip Beard.
The Hammers’ longtime students have had a violent relationship with the two Davids over the past few years. The competition started after the Hammers moved to London Stadium in 2016 and the anti-board protests have not stopped since then. The last came after Grady Diangana was shipped to West Brom.
Viewers’ urge to give cash benefits to David Moyes in the transfer windows has not been heard, and Sullivan and Gold may be digging their graves if the practice continues. After the establishment and aftermath of the European Super League last summer, the club’s presidents are aware of the powers in the hands of the spectators and Sullivan and Gold would not want to play with fire if their stance on the consortium did not change.
THE OFFERS OF THE CONSORTIUM
The Hammers is owned by two wealthy businessmen, Welsh industrialist David Sullivan and British entrepreneur David Gold. While Gold has remained silent about the situation, Sullivan has spoken out in the media for the consortium a few times.
In the first few months of this year, an American consortium proposed taking over the Hammers after the English club struggled with a brawl between owners and fans. The American consortium, which is considering a takeover of West Ham, was again rejected after its original proposal with a £ 400 million bid in late February.
After stalling with a £ 350 million introductory proposal in early August, prospective buyers associated with US athletics should not be discouraged. The company is still keen to buy West Ham United and complete the long-awaited acquisition of the Hammers, controlled by David Gold and David Sullivan, who have expressed their feelings through a larger offer.
– West Ham Football (@westhamfootball) May 23, 2021
Their second offer was not enough to get West Ham to sell. Although Sullivan’s and Gold’s popularity with fans has declined since moving to the London Stadium in 2016, it will require a bigger payment to get them to change their minds.
WHAT DO THE DAVIDS THINK?
Beard’s coalition made an indirect offer in February and was ready to make an offer valued at more than £ 400 million. It is still thinking about its next step after maintaining its enthusiasm in the organization.
However, it seems like it is wasting its time. “The offer was ridiculous” Sullivan explains. “They never presented proof of funding and wanted to raise funds to close the deal.”
“You never know what the pre-season results will mean but I just know we’re getting better and I want a new West Ham who play and win, tries to do the right things and I thought today we have done a lot. ” the right things. “
🗣 The boss gave his verdict after yesterday’s victory …
– West Ham United (@WestHam) July 25, 2021
According to Sullivan, the purchase was a “Real estate proposal, not a footballer, “and the” vague proposal was not in the greatest advantage of West Ham, its investors, or its fans. “
After Sam Johnstone got a decent price for the West Brom shot stopper, the championship team rejected it outright.
I am pleased to announce that David Moyes has signed a new three-year contract with the club.
He has led the Hammers through a resurgent 2020/21 campaign that culminated in a sixth place and securing European qualification. Congratulations and well done. dg pic.twitter.com/xSttaDYBL4
– David Gold (@davidgold) June 13, 2021
However, Sullivan said: “At no point did you mention that there was money available for new players. “
Despite the brawls with the crowd, Sullivan said: “We are not in the mood to sell the club, we are approached by many strange and wonderful people who lack the money and who have no experience in running a football club.
Sullivan stated that due to Beard’s lack of funds, the proposal was invalid and, although he did a great job at QPR, the leadership of a Premier League team was above his ranks.
“Mr. Beard has done an exceptional job at QPR working with Tony Fernandes. Since he did so well there, he undoubtedly wanted to repeat the success at West Ham.
GENTLEMAN. BARTS ANSWER
“It is not my intention to have a public debate on David Sullivan’s comments last week, but on advice it is necessary to correct unhelpful and inaccurate statements,” Beard exclaimed in the statement.
“In response to David Sullivan’s comments on the nature and value of the Consortium’s offer, I can confirm that a formal offer was made, which was the number David Sullivan initially requested. Our lawyers in town were hired and proof of funding was presented to David Sullivan. “
UK based consortium led by former @QPR CEO Philip Beard is not giving up on the purchase @West Ham
Confirmed original bid requested by owner David Sullivan who has provided proof of money.
“We remain committed to pursuing opportunities to buy the club.”
– Jim White (@JimWhite) July 27, 2021
According to Beard, Sullivan’s reputation for “the proposal is not for the fans” is just a publicity stunt and the businessman’s only goal was to cut an immense amount of pounds off the offer.
“At no point were we asked to provide any further information on our football strategy. I knew David Sullivan’s only focus was on price.
He also stated that his coalition could correct the current owner’s mistakes and rebuild the vision that shrouds the London stadium.
Philip Beard of Pai Capital on the offer of his consortium #WHUFCSays “David Sullivan has been shown proof of funding” and the consortium remains “committed to pursuing opportunities to purchase the club”. Statement here … pic.twitter.com/Ojbha5h5Qd
– Henry Winter (@henrywinter) July 27, 2021
“We remain committed to pursuing opportunities to buy the club. We have been actively working on this for over six months and have a strong vision for the club, the London Stadium and its place throughout the Olympic Park. Behind him are prominent figures in the sport as well as West Ham legends who love the club and want to play a role in its development. “
He concluded by explaining how the consortium’s roadmap is to build the North London Club from the ground up with the help of former Hammers and various football experts. While giving manager David Moyes the freedom to invest money in the transfer window.
“We wholeheartedly welcome your support and hope that together we will have the opportunity to realize the project we have planned